Sunday, January 5, 2014

Around the bend

Still here.

2013 was not bad.  I completed a 50K novel as well as a 10K short story.  Not prolific, but with the tugs of work  & family  pulling in all directions, I’m still pleased I stayed with my craft.  Also, I started a book club at work for no other reason than I enjoy talking about the books I’m reading and discovering new books that I wouldn’t normally have known about myself.  We’re still finding our way in the club, but we did manage to read Swamplandia!, Gone Girl, Night Film, and the Circle in just a few months time.   In full disclosure, I should mention our discussions are taken over copious amounts of red wine & apps.

Looking at 2014, I am revisiting my first novel, I felt I have learned much along the way with my reading and writing and have grown enough that I can do it justice with a rewrite.    I also want to step it up a notch, and attend something with a little more filtering than the open enrollment conferences I usually attend.   I try not to make it too many loft goals, it’s a long road, and one I’ve committed to, so it will take it just on step at the time, looking forward to discovering what lies just around the bend.


Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment